Arrangers Academy TUTORiAL
P2P | 12 July 2022 | 6.29 GB
There are 3 critical things every guitarist needs to effectively learn how to make their own guitar arrangements.
When I see an aspiring guitarist who isn’t meeting their goals and is on the verge of quitting entirely, it’s almost always because they’re missing 1 or more of these 3 things:
1. A clear curriculum
You need a clear path for progress with carefully curated lessons that simplify the arranging process. A structured curriculum drastically accelerates your progress by focusing purely on the areas that you need to improve, so you’re not wasting your time on the unimportant stuff.
Otherwise you’re just stuck blindly bouncing from resource to resource, hoping to piece together the knowledge you need to improve.
2. A trusted teacher
You’re going to have questions along the way, so you need regular and consistent guidance from a teacher you can trust who specializes in arranging.
There’s a reason why I saw the most progress in my ability as a guitarist while I was pursuing my classical guitar degrees in college…
I had a community of guitarists surrounding me; from teachers to classmates, who were all encouraging me, giving me advice, and pushing me to be the best I could be.
I knew I couldn’t slack off, because I had people who had invested time in me and were counting on me.
My private monthly guitar arranging program designed to teach you everything you need to make your own classical or fingerstyle guitar arrangements, so you can have the freedom to play music you love on your own terms.
The Arrangers Academy is made up of 3 key components:
– A private online community of like-minded guitarists
– Live Q&A masterclasses with me
– And a growing catalog of video courses on arranging-related topics ranging from chord building and memorizing the fretboard, to courses that allow you to observe me making entire arrangements from start-to-finish.
With the ongoing support of me as your guitar teacher, an encouraging community of people like you who are serious about arranging and developing their skill as guitarists, and relevant new courses added throughout the year – you will finally have the support system you need to learn how to make your own arrangements, and to actually follow-through and stick with it.
Learning guitar can be a lonely pursuit.
Especially if you don’t currently have a teacher and don’t regularly interact with other guitarists, you’re left comparing yourself to guitarists you see and hear in polished professional videos and recordings on the internet. And that can be discouraging!
This community will show you that you aren’t alone.
Having real conversations with other real people who are right there in the trenches learning guitar and arranging with you reminds you that you aren’t the only one who might be struggling in certain areas.
And sometimes those things you’re struggling with cause you to get stuck, because they might be too specific to solve with a Google search.
Problems like “I’m arranging this song from my favorite childhood video game, but I can’t tell what key it’s in” or “I’m having a hard time identifying the chord I’m hearing in measure 3 of this song…”
What if you had a private, tight knit community of friendly guitarists you could ask those questions?
That’s why I created the Arrangers Academy.
Here’s a taste of what you’ll learn inside these courses:
Fretboard Mastery: The Key To Creative Freedom
– How to build chords and create your own unique voicings to make your arrangements stand out
– The drill I used to memorize the entire fretboard in only 2 weeks
– How to accompany melodies with chords, so you can play both simultaneously no matter where the melody travels around the fretboard
Unlocking Keys: The Foundation Of Your Arrangement
– What keys are and why they are so important to the arranging process
– What specific keys will work best for your guitar arrangements, and how to transpose pieces of music into those keys so they’re easier to play and sound more natural on the guitar
-How to use your ear to tell what key a piece of music is in
Arrange With Me: Making An Arrangement From Start To Finish
– Observe me as I make an entire guitar arrangement of a song originally composed for piano, explaining my creative process all along the way
– Observe and work through each step of the process along with me as I identify the song’s key, identify and notate the melody, figure out the chord progression, and piece it all together in a way that sounds amazing on the guitar!