Convology XT v1.25 [Mac (U2B) / Win]
TRAZOR | Jul 1 2022 | macOS: 182.2 MB | Windows: 199.0 MB
Convology XT is a free convolution reverb, the result of a collaboration between Impulse Record and Wave Arts. Convology XT comes with 74 vintage impulse responses, a sampling of the 3,556 impulse responses in the Convology XT library.
The Convology XT Complete Library is focused on vintage reverb effects. Responses were sampled from 126 different pieces of vintage studio gear from studios all over the world. There are 10 separate libraries: 80s-90s DSP 1 Basic, 80s-90s DSP 2 Classic, 80s-90s DSP 3 Pro, Plates, Springs Bright, Springs Boingy, Springs Warm, Echo Space, Vintage Amps, and Vintage German DSP. The libraries are affordably priced.
The Convology XT True Stereo Library consists of 4-channel true stereo impulse responses. There are 2 separate true stereo libraries: True Stereo 1 and True Stereo 2.
The plug-in features an easy to use interface to browse through the libraries, allowing the user to quickly step through presets and audition on the fly while the music is playing. Despite being free, Convology XT is a world class convolution reverb, with CPU efficient processing, low latency and zero latency modes, max IR length of 2M samples (40 sec at 48 kHz), support for true stereo responses, support for WAV and AIF files, and modulation. There are also extensive IR modification functions, including stretch, decay time scaling, EQ, frequency-dependent decay time scaling, time reverse, and amplitude envelope. And a cool UI with real time spectrum, time display, and images of the vintage gear.
The beauty of Convology XT is the ease of browsing a huge vintage library, with truly world class impulse response files.
• Factory Library includes 7 Real Spaces IRs.
• Factory Library images resized to reduce installer size.
• Entering Complete serial in initial timeout popup properly registers all child libraries.
• When using cloned drives, only one copy of each library will appear in preset browser.
• File browser searches for matching images in current directory, and subdirectories “images”, “00 DEFAULT IMAGES”, “00 DEFAULT PICTURES”, and if not found repeats search up two parent directories.
• Image pane loads image in background thread, enabling faster scrolling in preset browser.
• About box uses reduced font sizes if too many libraries to fit.
• About box lists libraries in sorted order.
• License expired popups show after GUI has drawn.
• Plug-in will license with any Real Spaces library serial.